Friday, March 30, 2012

The Sound I Never Thought Would Calm My Baby...

Mobile? Of course. Glo Worm? Sure. The sound of my heartbeat? I certainly hoped so.

But I never would have imagined the sound that calms my baby most.

If Hannah has the 3 Bs under her belt (that's Boob/Bottle, Burp, and dry Bum) and is still fussy I try to sing to her to calm her down. A round of Twinkle, Twinkle or Baby Beluga usually works, but when it doesn't I head to the kitchen. And turn on the stove's fan. 

Within seconds of the stove fan humming to life, Hannah's eyes close and she is asleep. We discovered it accidentally one night when my boyfriend Chris turned it on while making dinner. We have resorted to the stove fan many times since. 


Chris suggests the fan most likely reminds her of being in my womb, which sounds like a pretty good hypothesis to me. Regardless of the reason, the stove fan is free, it works and thankfully takes no batteries!

1 comment:

  1. I've also heard running the dishwasher and vacuum work, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...