Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Relaxing with the inmates of #OITNB on Netflix Canada #StreamTeam

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you'll know I was very excited and very happy for the return of Orange is the New Black

As much as I love watching Bubble Guppies, Sesame Street and SuperWhy, I'm thankful to be able to stream stuff I want to watch while Hannah is asleep (and even more thankful I can do so on my MacBook to keep the apartment quiet). 

One look at my Netflix profile will tell you I enjoy comedies, documentaries and dramas. Some might say that Orange is the New Black (OITNB) is all these things and more. 
In fact, I am saying that. I've read the non-fiction book the series is based on. I laugh. I cry. And somehow, I find myself looking forward to "being" in prison with these women - learning their stories while watching how they keep themselves occupied as they serve their time.

So why do I like OITNB so much? Ironically, watching people in a prison is a great escape and when I'm done watching I'm thankful for what I haveYes, all the inmates broke the law and that's why they are serving time and have had their rights taken away. But through their back stories we learn why they did what they did, and in present time why they do what they do to cope. This show entertains and fascinates me. I can relate to all of these women in different ways and am forced to wonder if faced with some of their situations if I would do what they did.

I'm trying really hard not to binge watch episodes. I'm already five episodes in, and Season 2 hasn't been out a week yet. I promised Chris we would watch at the same pace this time (unlike when I raced ahead through Season 1) so we could discuss. Although, all I end up wanting to discuss is watching the next episode to fill my appetite of what happens next.

Other shows I watch in an attempt to stop me from binging OITNB include Nashville, Glee and my other favourite, The 100 (it's hard to binge The 100 since we only get a new episode once a week, and I believe tomorrow's episode is the season finale). My list, a handy Netflix feature of things you'd like to watch, is always full. So I know I will have other awesome movies and shows to watch while waiting for Season 3 of OITNB (which started filming this week).

Do you have a favourite show to stream on Netflix? What would you recommend I add to my list?

© 2014 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also trying not to binge watch the shows. When I do I get SO sad that they are over! lol. Princess Peach is very into Bo On The Go! It's actually quite cute and gets her up and dancing for most of the episode.
    I'm really into Call the Midwives. Trying not to binge watch that either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah also loves Bo. She tries to get *me* to do all the animoves! "OK everybodys, reach up high!" :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...