Monday, July 27, 2015

Shaping Up with Wacoal Intimates

I was in grade 8. I was on the phone with my then-boyfriend when my brother and parents returned home from shopping. My brother got on the phone and announced matter-of-factly that Mom had bought me a bra while they were out. I immediately turned red and hung up the phone, humiliated. Perhaps that is the exact moment bras became embarrassing for me - a necessary clothing item I would continually hate to deal with and shop for.

Because of my relationship with bras, I have only been fitted twice in my life – the first time for breastfeeding bras when I was about to become a mother and the second time was recently with a Wacoal Sales Consultant at Hudson’s Bay. My post-baby body needed some help, and Wacoal definitely rose to the occasion.

Celebrating 30 years in business, Wacoal is proud to provide the perfect fit for every woman. Wacoal uses modern fabrics, innovative technologies, advanced manufacturing processes and unique designs to meet the evolving needs of today’s women. Wacoal sells a variety of laced bras, sports bras, underwear and body shapers. Bras range from band sizes 30 to 40 and cup sizes A to H.


Regardless of my rocky past with bras and bra shopping, I found it was actually a really nice experience to be fitted by Brenda, my Wacoal Sales Consultant - she was super welcoming and open to all my questions. She taught me about the different types of bras a women needs for different occasions and why getting fitted is so important. Wearing the wrong bra size can cause back and neck pain. The proper sized bra helps your posture and can make you look slimmer. Ideally the bra will fit the middle hook closure so you have a little wiggle room if you were to gain or lose some weight.

It turned out I knew my proper cup size, but was wearing the wrong band size. I told Brenda that I don’t like a lot of padding and prefer bras that are simple yet fashionable.

Brenda brought in a few bras for me to try on to see what fit my style and likes. I fell in love with the Wacoal T-Shirt Bras and ending up purchasing a natural nude Basic Beauty Spacer Underwire T-Shirt Bra and a brown Halo Lace Spacer Underwire T-Shirt Bra. They are so comfortable to wear and are very soft.


I really liked the fact that both of these bras have inner mesh slings for shape and support – I approve of anything that provides extra coverage and increases smoothness. Brenda mentioned to me that a lot of woman who have survived breast cancer like these bras too as their prostheses fit and don’t move.

Next on my wish list is definitely the Simple Shaping Full Coverage Underwire Minimizer Bra – I can’t wait to wear button up shirts…that the buttons actually do up!

If you are looking for brighter colours for your intimate apparel, Wacoal also have a b.tempt’d by Wacoal line for young-minded woman with sexy, sophisticated, and flirty lingerie.


Wacoal consultants can help all women find the right bras with the proper band and cup sizes – visit your local Hudson’s Bay store across Canada to find out when you can get your own fitting with a Wacoal Sales Consultant, or head to www.thebay.com to see the selection.

When was the last time you were fitted for a bra?

This post has been brought to you by Wacoal, but the images and opinions are my own. For more information, please visit thebay.com.

© 2015 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...