Thursday, June 23, 2016

Silk’n Blue – Your Skin Care Clinic at Home

In the past year, the clerks at the liquor store have finally stopped asking for my ID – even though I usually keep it out just in case when I cash out. I look much younger than I am, and sometimes I believe it’s due to my acne.

Adult acne is something I will battle and need to keep under control for the rest of my life.  I’ve tried many of the drugstore acne products. Some work better than others, but I’m always left in the morning patting on powder, hoping it will last the day and that people don’t mistake me for a student (I work at a university).

So when I heard about Silk’n Blue I was excited to give it a shot.

Silk’n Blue is a hand-held treatment device that uses the power of blue light and heat to penetrate your skin, which neutralizes bacteria. Being allergic to sulfa I’m also pleased it’s a natural, drug free solution. Using it was like going to a skin clinic without having to make an appointment, and it was super easy to use.


Here’s some advice on how to use the device from Silk’n:

Before treatment, the skin should be clean, dry and free of any power, gel or cream.

  1. Press Power on/off switch. The green ready/treatment indicator light will start blinking and shortly afterwards will be lit steadily.
  2. Once the light is lit steadily your Blue is ready for use.
  3. Place the treatment surface on your skin. The LED light will automatically activate.
  4. Keep holding the Blue applicator against the skin area for 3-4 minutes. The treatment surface temperature will slowly increase.
  5. Move the treatment surface to the next location and perform the treatment for 3 to 4 minutes on each area of concern.
  6. For best results, use twice per day for 6 to 8 weeks. After that, repeat the treatment twice a week for maintenance.

Due to the heat, it’s like giving your face a mini massage when you use it, so you’ll also feel more relaxed – an added bonus!

For this test I focused on my worst areas – forehead and chin – but every area is a go, even your back!


Using the device was really easy, but a little time consuming. But the effort was definitely worth the result.

I like that it worked equally well on the oily and dry areas of my face.

Overall I am very happy with the results, and I’m sure as I continue to use it, I will have even clearer skin. I’ve even felt brave enough to leave the house without makeup for the first time in a long time.

I bet a month from now the liquor store folks will laugh when I reach for my ID. I’ll have the last laugh though, finally having clear skin.

This post was brought to you by Silk’n but the images and opinions are my own.

© 2016 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! How much does this unit cost, roughly? How long is the bulb supposed to last? I've liked the idea of the red light hair removal devices, but the bulbs don't last very long and they are very expensive. Is that an issue with this device?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lara,

      Sorry for the late response! It's around $150 - and available at some Shoppers Drug Mart stores. I'm not sure how long the bulb will last unfortunately!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post ! It is best for skin treatment in home, from it we can save lots of money, we have to buy once it. Find edmonton skin clinic for laser skin treatment at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...