Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Baby's First CNE

One of my favourite things about living in Toronto is the annual Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), also know as The Ex. Even though it marks the end of summer, how can one not love rides, food and fun?

This year was Hannah's first taste of the CNE. And although she didn't get to actually taste any of the delicacies yet (hello Tiny Tom's Donuts and Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches), she soaked in the sights and sounds of Canada’s largest annual community event. According to the CNE website, over the course of its 18 day run, the CNE attracts more than 1.3 million people each year.

Hannah didn't make it on to any rides. But she won her own stuffed animal on the midway (a brown horse at the Duck Pond - she touched two ducks, those counted), saw her first ice skating show and took in the SuperDogs (thankfully she's not old enough to ask for a dog yet...maybe I should be training Booyah to do tricks when she goes to bed).

We also made a stop at the CNE farm where she talked to a cow and went through an activity about being a farmer (OK, I pushed her stroller and my Mom did all the hard work...but next year, Hannah will REALLY enjoy that).

I can't wait until next year when I can take her on some rides, she can enjoy the bouncy castle and I can FINALLY give her the first (of what I hope will be many) Tiny Tom's Donut.

Have you been to the CNE? If so, what are some of your favourite memories?

© 2012 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Love the CNE! Haven't been in years. Looking forward to taking my boys one day soon.
    Glad that you had a great day out with your family.

    Kerrie
    http://familyfoodtravel.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I'll be able to make it that far anytime soon, but looks like fun. You got great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...