Thursday, August 30, 2012

Toys "R" Us Holiday Fair

This week Hannah and I (and my cousin Jessica) had the opportunity to attend the Toys "R" Us Toy Vendor Fair.

Basically we got to have a sneak peek of the hottest toys and gadgets coming out for this holiday season, and I mentally started a list of all the things I want to put under the tree for Hannah for her first Christmas. I also mentally started a list of toys I can't wait to purchase when she's older so that Chris and I Hannah can play with them.

Some highlights from the fair (at least for me) included:

Information on Monsters University - the prequel to Disney/Pixar's Monsters, Inc. As a huge Sulley fan, I'm happy to report the movie will be in theatres on June 21, 2013. AND they are re-releasing the original in 3D on December 19, 2012 so you can re-watch (or watch for the first time) the movie that started it all on the big screen. There are a bunch of cool toys coming out along with the film - a talking Boo doll and action figures are a few.

Infantino's new Pop & Swap Gym would be a great gift for a newborn. The activity pods, graphic cards and activity plush toys are all interchangeable - so you can use them together, attach them to the stroller or mix things up for baby. The Gym also plays 10 minutes of lights and music, and grows along with baby as she strengthens her visual and motor skills. HappiTaps are also a gift that I'm considering for Hannah - they use your iPhone or iPod, you download an app - and it becomes an interactive toy that plays peekaboo and plays with your child.

I was so excited to stop by the Crayola booth. Their earliest products are 12 months plus, and I can't wait to buy Hannah the My First Crayola Washable Markers Palm Grip with My First Crayola Mess-Free Marker and Paper. In many years, I could also see the Crayola Catwalk Creations under the tree as a gift from Hannah's Aunt who is a fashion designer.

Mega Bloks also had fun assortment kits of Hello Kitty and the Smurfs.

On my first Christmas I got a Cabbage Patch Doll from my Godmother. I still have her today. This Christmas I will definitely be getting Hannah the Newborn Cabbage Patch Doll - and with its soft face, I won't have to worry about her whacking it into her own face.

So many amazing toys, so little time.

Have you started your holiday list for your little one? If so, what's on the list?

© 2012 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. SO jealous that you got to go to this. Looks like so much fun!
    We bought some toys last week to put away for the boys for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toys put away already?? I guess this whole Mom thing does require purchasing things in advance. I am totally a Dec. 23rd shopper (I would never leave it to the last, LAST minute :D).

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my first Xmas I got a Trudi toys from my Grandmother. I still have her these days.
    Buy Online Toys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...