Thursday, January 30, 2014

Family Financial Challenge inspired by Gail Vaz-Oxlade #SavingMadeSimple #PGmom

When I was younger, the only goal I had before turning 30 was to be in a home where I was paying a mortgage (living in Toronto, I was being realistic - a mortgage is pretty much a necessity unless you win the lottery shortly after entering the workforce). Some of my friends cared more about finding a husband or having a child, but not me.

So it was kind of ironic on my 30th birthday I found myself with a two month old baby living with my boyfriend…in a rented apartment. And while I wouldn't give my daughter up for anything, I do find myself sort of jealous friends who have mortgages.

I am hoping 2014 will be the year of the mortgage. Chris and I have been saving our pennies (well, nickels now that the Canadian penny doesn't exist) for a hefty downpayment. We have been learning about property tax and maintenance fees. We have been scouring MLS for condos in our prince range. For the most part, we have figured out how to juggle rent, daycare, car payments, insurance, groceries, etc. And if we haven't, the Family Financial Challenge inspired by personal finance expert Gail Vaz-Oxlade will certainly put us in the right direction.


For the month of February, join me as my family saves money and makes smart financial decisions. Follow my blog and social media accounts to see my progress. Each week has a theme:

Week 1 - Cash, Cash, Cash
Week 2 - Food
Week 3 - Family
Week 4 - Clothes

Share your tips by using the #SavingMadeSimple hashtag!

#SavingMadeSimple Twitter Chat with Gail Vaz-Oxlade and Chatelaine

Join the conversation on Thursday, February 6th from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. To participate in the conversation, just follow these quick and easy steps:
  1. Follow the chat on Twitter by following #SavingMadeSimple, @Chatelaine and @GailVazOxlade
  2. OR visit www.chatelaine.com/homemadesimple and create a free account in the Scribble Live chat area.
  3. OR visit www.facebook/homemadesimple to follow the chat from the Scribble Live app on the page.
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own. 

© 2014 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...