Thursday, May 08, 2014

Celebrating with Rice Krispies Treats #Kelloggers

My brother's birthday is just 29 days after mine. When we were little this meant lots of birthday cakes in the spring, which is easily my favourite type of dessert. My brother never really liked cakes, so that meant I got lots of his leftovers.

My brother recently celebrated his birthday, and, as a non-baker creating a treat for someone who doesn't like cake, I immediately thought of Rice Krispie Squares, his favourite treat.

It was quick to make and easy to deliver.


Ingredients:

50 ml margarine or butter
1 pkg 250 g (about 40) regular or 5 cups (1.25 ml) miniature marshmallows
10 ml vanilla 2
1.5 L Rice Krispies* cereal
Decorating gel

Directions:

1. In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and strawberry extract.

2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Evenly divide warm mixture into prepared paper liners or molds. With slightly greased hands, gently press into molds, leaving tops slightly rounded.

4. Decorate with icing. Serve immediately or store covered in refrigerator for up to 12 hours. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before serving.

MICROWAVE METHOD: In microwave-safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary

Visit the Rice Krispies website for lots of unique cooking and baking ideas!

How have you made Rice Krispies Treats special?

Disclosure: I am part of the Kelloggers Network. I received free products for the purpose of this review. As always, all opinions on this blog are my own.

© 2014 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I recently started making Rice Krispie squares after a very long hiatus! They are a very easy dessert to make and a crowd pleaser! Sadly, there are never any leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - even though we're older, my brother and I usually battle until the final one is gone!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...