Friday, May 16, 2014

Spring #Plusabilities with Tide Plus #PGmom

It may have taken awhile, but spring has finally sprung and thus spring cleaning is happening in many homes across the country (including mine!). Since I was little, every spring my Mom would make my brother and I go through all of our winter clothes and our toys to donate whatever we hadn't used in the last six months to Goodwill.

Hannah is too young to go through things herself, but her clothing is quite easy to donate as she grows out of it (and if it's not "special" to us, well me, in some way). I'm not going to lie, the toys are a little more difficult to determine.

This May and June, a Tide truck will be visiting prominent family attractions in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal picking up gently used clothing donations to celebrate new beginnings with its not for profit partner, Goodwill. By donating gently used clothing to Goodwill during Tide Clothing Donation Day events, you’re not only de-cluttering your home, you’re also teaching your kids the value of giving back and the ripple effect, or Plusabilities behind a simple good deed.


Giving your threads a second life can:
  • Give someone confidence going to a job interview 
  • Make a kid smile going to class with a cool pair of kicks 
  • Enable skills development and employment and work experience for those who face employment barriers 
  • Support community-based programs through the funds raised as Goodwill donates 82 per cent of its revenue back
Here's the Tide Truck Schedule:

Ontario

Canada’s Wonderland: Saturday, May 24 & Sunday, May 25
Toronto Zoo: Saturday, May 31 & Sunday, June 1; Saturday, June 7 & Sunday, June 8

Quebec 

Granby Zoo: Saturday, May 24 & Sunday, May 25; Saturday, May 31 & Sunday, June 1; Saturday, June 7 & Sunday, June 8
La Ronde: Saturday, June 7 & Sunday, June 8

British Columbia 

Science World: Saturday, May 24 & Sunday, May 25
Pacific National Exhibition: Saturday, May 31 & Sunday, June 1; Saturday, June 7 & Sunday, June 8


For more event details, visit facebook.com/Tide. To thank you support, upon dropping off a donation you’ll receive a Tide Plus coupon booklet so you can experience more of what you love at home.

I like all the Tide Plus products, but my favourite is Tide Plus Coldwater Clean - because it DOES save me money, it's always cheaper to wash a load in cold in my building than any other temperature!


Which Tide Plus is your favourite?

Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.  

 © 2014 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...