Friday, November 20, 2015

Let Netflix Canada help you with your bedtime staller #5MoreMinutes #StreamTeam

Ever since Hannah started daycare, my favourite time of the day is pick-up. After working all day, as I get closer and closer to pick-up time I get more and more excited to see my kid.

My least favourite time of the day is bedtime. (And depending on the mood she's in when she wakes up, morning can be equally frustrating.) I doubt I'm alone.


I read some place to prevent tantrums I should give signals to Hannah when I need her to switch gears. So, I say things like "In 10 more minutes, we're going to start the bath water," and in the bath tub, I warn, "In five more minutes I'm going to drain the water so your hair has time to dry before bed."

Hannah has taken these transitions to heart. Now when I tell her it's time to stop one activity and start the next I get, "OK Mommy, in five more minutes." So she's definitely a "Master Negotiator".

And OK, OK full disclosure...as bed time draws near, depending on what time it is, I signal to her she can watch one more Paw Patrol or Yo Gabba Gabba. Sometimes if she negotiaites one more show, I go for Animal Mechanicals since the episodes are only 11 minutes long. But now Netflix has done one better.

There are three Dinotrux 5 Minute Favourites. So the next time she pulls, "Five more minutes!" There are three Netflix episodes to stream.


Do these Netflix poll statistics ring true in your home?
  • The average time it takes Canadian parents to put their kids to bed is 18.1 minutes (vs. 17.5 minutes globally) 
  • 52% of Canadian parents disagree to children using stall tactics at bedtime
  • 61% of Canadian parents don’t find their kids tactics too cute or clever to give in and let them stay up later 
  • 85% of Canadian parents agree that the last snuggle is the best (vs. 87% globally)
  • 40% of Canadian parents have faced the “just 5 more minutes” negotiator
  • The stall tactics of Canadian kids results in 13.2 additional minutes added to their bedtime routine (vs. 15.7 minutes globally)
Has Netflix helped you with your bedtime staller?

Disclosure: I am part of the Netflix #StreamTeam. As always, opinions on this blog are my own.

© 2015 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have netfix but my daughter does the thirsty staller.. I give her time limits too and that helps. all tv is off 1/2 hour before bedtime

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...