Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Give #8or8 on @Pantene #BeautifulLengths National Donate Your Hair Day #PGmom

Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.

One day I was chatting with a friend at work who I had known for a couple of years. I mentioned how I loved her hair and loved that it was so long. Suddenly, she moved in a little closer to me and whispered, "It's because I'm a breast cancer survivor. After I lost it all, I've always worn it long."

This Saturday, November 7th is National Donate Your Hair Day. I will be cutting off 8 inches of my non-dyed hair to donate to the Canadian Cancer Society to help create a free, real-hair wig for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment.

I'm doing it for my many friends who have bravely fought breast cancer, and all woman like them. If one small act can give someone a feeling of normalcy, why not?


If you have 8 inches of hair to donate (must have no dye, bleaches or chemicals and no more than 5 per cent gray), you can email pantenecanada@gmail.com for appointments in Toronto at BANG Salon.

If you don't have 8 inches of hair to donate, you can also donate $8 (or more!). Find out more details and submit a donation by visiting www.gcfdn.org/pantene.

Either way, show your participation in the 8" or $8 challenge by posting to your social channels using #8or8 and #BeautifulLengths, tagging @Pantene on Instagram or Twitter.

The last time I had short hair was 1993. I was 11 years old and in Grade Six. I cut off all my hair, not for an honourable reason, but because I wanted my grown out bangs to be the rest of the length of my hair. For your enjoyment, I present my 1993 Christmas glamour shot:


On Saturday, I will be making the big cut yet again, but this time for a worthy cause. Afterwards, my hair care routine will definitely change (not sure what I'll do without my go-to ponytail!) including my products. I'm going to start using Pantene Beautiful Lengths Shampoo and Conditioner to ensure my hair can grow quickly so it is ready and healthy to donate next year!

So #8or8 - what will you donate?

© 2015 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...