Friday, May 25, 2012

Book Review - Pete The Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes

I love to read. Chris loves to read. And we love to read to Hannah. I kept a lot of my books from childhood and many people have given us the classics as gifts for Hannah.

Since we've started attending the Baby Sign weekly classes (post to come), I've put books on hold that interest me and hopefully Hannah.

Pete the Cat is frequently on the New York Times Children's Picture Books Best Seller list. According to the Toronto Public Library website, there's two Pete the Cat books currently on the list.

So when I saw a black cat wearing red chucks I had to put this book on hold. Booyah is a black cat. Chris owns red chucks. It was destiny!

The story follows Booy-er Pete as he makes his way through a day at school - visiting the library, lunch room, playground and more. The artwork is superb and so colourful, it definitely keeps Hannah's attention.

There's even a song that goes along with the book! Here's the YouTube video:



Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes was written by Eric Litwin and illustrated by James Dean. It retails for approximately $15 on the Chapters Indigo website, or you can loan it from the Toronto Public Library. Just don't expect my copy, I intend on reading it to Hannah as much as I can in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...