Friday, May 04, 2012

Baby Time is FUN Time at the Toronto Public Library

On Wednesday morning, Chris and I took Hannah to her second "class". I was quite nervous about how she would react.

The first class we ever attended she cried loudly for a good 10 minutes and then fell asleep for the rest. I guess to be fair I should mention her first class was a breastfeeding class at Sunnybrook and she attended before she was even 24 hours old.

Regardless, I was still curious as to how she would behave when we took her to Baby Time at the Toronto Public Library.

The 30 minute program for babies 0-18 months old includes songs, rhymes and the reading of interactive storybooks. The class gives parents and caregivers suggestions and ideas on how to encourage reading as the child ages.

Turns out, Hannah was an almost perfect pupil (other than starring at the blond baby boy beside her for a good 10 minutes - first crush already?!?!).  She cooed and even joyfully squealed while we sang some of the songs. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed bouncing her, tickling her and singing to her too. And I even learned some new songs that I now sing to Hannah at home!

We will definitely be going back when the program resumes at our library in July. In the meantime, I can't wait to take her to Baby Sign at our branch which is starting in a couple of weeks.

To learn more about Baby Time and to find a library near you that runs the free program, please visit www.torontopubliclibrary.ca. Please note some locations require registration before the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...