Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby's First Island Trip

This week Hannah had her first bus, subway and boat rides. Our destination was Centre Island. We wanted to squeeze in a trip before school let out.

As Hannah is five months old, the only rides she could go on were the carousel and the train. Since she was napping the time we walked through Centreville with the intention to go on rides, we ended up not going on any. (Although we did see a lot of babies on the train who seemed to be having fun!)

That's not to say Hannah didn't have a great time without rides - she did. She loves people watching, being outside and of course, visiting the animals at Far Enough Farm.

It's weird, but going on this trip officially made me feel like a Mom. The last time I had been to Centre Island was to drink beer and catch a music festival. I didn't even bother with Centreville or Far Enough Farm. This time the only drinks I had included Pepsi and water (and OK, I got a slushie too). This trip was meant for Hannah to have fun. It wasn't for me or for Chris, it was for her.

Now I get why my Mom was so happy to stand with all of our stuff while my younger brother and I went on rides. They made us happy, which in turn made HER happy. I thought she must have been bored out of her mind while we were having fun, but her fun was watching us have a good time. When I came to this conclusion, I felt pretty silly for not realizing it before, but I think it's one of those things you don't bother thinking about until you become a parent yourself.

We spent a good five minutes at the Far Enough Farm checking out the baby chickens. She was enjoying watching them, and I was enjoying watching her, watching them. It's been said before, and I'll say it again - witnessing a child's first is like witnessing the same experience you've had a million times but with fresh eyes. I hope it never stops!

I can't wait for our next visit to Centre Island, and all the visits to Centreville in the years to come.

Far Enough Farm is in danger of closing at the end of 2012. I hope this won't be Hannah's only visit. To learn how you can help save Far Enough Farm, please visit this blog where you can sign the petition and donate online.

© 2012 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm stopping by from Bloggy Moms! Have a great week! :)
    -raisingmy5sons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you had great timee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...