Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Battle of the Baby Weight - Cardio

I've always been a fan of cardio. The few times I've had gym memberships, I love using the elliptical, the bikes and the treadmill. I would take the dance classes (when offered). The weights always scared me. And still do.

Yesterday Hannah slept through my last baby booty camp class. Since I was already in my workout gear (and because I had eaten a whole bag of Ketchup chips at the cottage myself over the long weekend) I started to look for workout videos online. First I looked up yoga and pilates. But I know you have to get your heart racing to get healthy.

So when I found a link for Zumba, I clicked on it. When the Biggest Loser folks did it this season, I wanted to try it. It didn't look that difficult and, more importantly, it looked FUN.

And it is! The video I found is great. It's of an actual class.


If you've tried to work out at home to videos before, maybe you've become frustrated like me. Especially when you can't even keep up with the "beginner" girl who is supposed to be doing less difficult moves.

The joy of this video is that these are REAL people. Therefore, the folks in the back get tired just like us! For me, it's more motivational to see someone struggling yet still continuing with the routine. It gives me the strength to continue myself.

Of course, when I was getting through the second 15-minute workout Miss H woke up. So I just laid her down on her playmat and she enjoyed watching Mommy do Zumba. How many adult workouts can entertain a child?

What do you do for cardio?

© 2012 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you have an iPhone, touch or iPad, but if so the Nike Training Club app is AHMAZING! I entertained my youngest while working Out with my older two with it on my mat. Leave last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh...thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely check it out!

      Delete
  2. YAY! I am so happy I found you on the blog hop from Perfectly Imperfect Mom! I love Zumba, and I wrote a post on my blog about my weight loss after baby and Zumba. http://livlaughloveblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/post-baby-body.html
    I look forward to reading more of your blog. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked out your post - very motivational, and so much like me! I hope to be where you are in a few (or maybe more) months from now.

      Delete
    2. You can do it! Zumba is so motivational. If you have a place to do it with a group, all the better. Good luck. You are doing great, and thanks for reading!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...