Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Behind the Scenes - Being a Pampers Mommy Blogger #PGmom


When I was first asked if Hannah and I would like to be in a Pampers YouTube video, I only had one fear – that I would cry. You see, before Hannah came in to my life I had a heart of stone. Now just thinking about her makes me teary.

The days before the shoot, in the midst of cleaning, wondering if I should attempt to trim Hannah’s bangs and sending a bunch of stuff to my Mom’s for storage, I started to feel a little better. The story board arrived in my inbox. Shots changing Hannah, shots playing at the park. Why would I cry talking about diapers, and how they keep Hannah happy and dry?

Then shoot day came. The crew of five guys and our P&Gmom PR rep made the trek up the four flights of stairs with all the gear (remember, I live in an apartment with no elevator). They set up all the fancy equipment, did a little pre-interview and Chris whisked Hannah into her bedroom so they could interview me.

I got through saying my name and blog and then was asked the simple question, “So what do you like to do with Hannah for fun?”

I started talking about singing, and reading books (I think) and then I just lost it. Thankfully the crew was SO understanding. I got some easier questions (about the diapers, which of course I didn’t cry about), and after a bit we came back to the what I like to do with her question. The second time around was a lot better, but near the end I started to lose it a little. They wanted a real mom, and a real mom is what they got – emotional, proud tears and all!

Thankfully, I did NOT cry in any of the changing, playing or park scenes. Most likely because I just got to be with Hannah and not have to talk about how much I love spending time with my daughter.

What you will see below is a piece of art. There will be no one making comments about the crying Pampers lady on YouTube, there will be no “Emotional Mom” meme (at least not with my face).  The crew and the editing team did an excellent job, and I will be forever thankful.

Thank you, Pampers, P&Gmom and film crew. You gave us a day we will never forget and a video we will cherish forever.


Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.  

© 2013 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun experience! You definitely came across as a proud mom and shared great information. No tears evident at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it and was tearing up for you. LOL! I'm a sap!

    You did great - well all 3 of you did! Hannah's going to love it when you watch this video together when she's older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute video. I can understand tearing up while talking about your daughter. I do the same with mine all the time. They are just precious little miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute video. I can understand tearing up while talking about your daughter. I do the same with mine all the time. They are just precious little miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special moment captured for the both of you. Your love for Hannah is tangible.

    And, like you, since the birth of my boys I seem to cry at everything. I used to blame it on being overtired, now I just know that being a mom has my emotions at the surface all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the support! It means a lot. I will probably tear up for years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...