Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Daycare Essentials at Walmart Canada

Now that it’s October 1st, “Back-to-School” is officially over. Or is it? Walmart Canada is the first choice destination for parents of school-aged children, but it’s also a great place for parents of kids in daycare.


Every week of the year, in sun and snow, teary parents drop off their infants, toddlers and preschoolers at daycare for the first time.

Hannah started daycare last December, a few weeks before my mat leave was over. Leaving her there the first time was the hardest thing I had to do. I barely got to the car before I burst into tears. And although Walmart couldn’t prepare me emotionally, with their awesome one-stop shopping I was able to purchase all the essentials she required - for under $100.


OUTDOOR ESSENTIALS

Depending on the time of year, daycares require different outerwear.

As the cute photos in Hannah’s current toddler room dictate, these items include:

Summer:
  • Sun hat
  • Sunscreen
  • Running shoes (no sandals)
  • Water shoes
  • Sweater (for cooler days) 

Winter:
  • Toque
  • Winter jacket
  • Snow pants
  • Mittens
  • Scarf
  • Snow boats
  • Indoor running shoes
Walmart has all these items at a great price, with awesome characters kids love.


EATING ESSENTIALS


  • Sippy cup
  • Formula (when Hannah first started daycare, we bought many cans of Enfamil from Walmart)
  • Snacks (not required always, but snacks are required for the commute to and from. Thank you to the person who invented Goldfish for letting me get out of construction areas while Hannah is focused on her snacks).

NAPPING ESSENTIALS



  • Blanket
  •  Lovey

CHANGING ESSENTIALS


  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Butt Cream
  • Lots of extra clothes in case of mess (One of the best things about Walmart is their children’s clothing guarantee“We guarantee that our children's clothing will not wear out before your child outgrows them. If the garment does wear out, simply return it with original receipt to any Walmart Canada store and we'll replace it with an identical item. Excludes all footwear and accessories. If identical item is not available in identical size, Walmart will substitute a similar item of equal size and price.”)

OVERALL ESSENTIALS


  •  Labels, labels, labels! (Many kids have the same items, so it’s important to distinguish what belongs to your child. I LOVE Mabel’s Labels – they have writable labels available in the stationary section.)
  • Laundry Marker (if you aren't a fan of labels - or your daycare isn't)

What are your daycare essentials? Whatever they are, I bet they can be found at Walmart Canada!

Disclosure: I received Walmart Canada Giftcards for the purpose of this post. As always, all opinions are my own.

© 2013 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. I love a one stop shop and with groceries as well, Walmart is a great option. Daycare always means doubles of everything so finding them all in one place is key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it hilarious that when I want a night out, I go to WalMart to wander around. I love that I can shop for the entire family in one store. Daycare essentials? blanket, change of clothes, little knapsack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and great ideas! My essentials are hats, coats, snacks and extra clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Julia! I go to Walmart for some me time. LOL. As for daycare essentials - blanket, extra clothes, diapers and wipes! Oh and my son's lovey. He has to sleep with his favourite doll at nap time else he goes bonkers ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...