Sunday, October 06, 2013

Loblaw stores host The Mommy of All Baby Events Oct. 10-24 #PGmom

Since I was very little, I disliked grocery shopping (OK there was that one year I was 3 and my Mom found at store with kids carts I got to push around, that I didn't mind). But in my 20s two things happened - I moved out and was FORCED to buy my own food and Loblaw introduced Joe Fresh in to most of their stores, so going for groceries also meant expanding my wardrobe. Now that I'm a parent, one-stop shopping has become even more important. I love that I can purchase clothes, baby items, toys, books, housewares, and oh yeah, FOOD, (notably the President's Choice brand) all in once place! (The Real Canadian Superstore we frequent also has a medical clinic, photography studio and the Beer Store too!)







Loblaw stores are making shopping even more convenient for parents. From October 10 –24, 2013, Loblaw stores will offer fabulous promotions and events from cooking classes, dietitian demos, special sales and fun contests. Check out your local Loblaw store to find out more, or go to themommyofallbabyevents.ca (launching Oct. 10th)! (Also available at Dominion stores in Newfoundland & Labrador only.)

Here are some savvy shopping tips from P&G:

1. Check the fridge and make a list of what you need to buy Making a list allows you to target exactly which aisles to visit. No more aimless wandering around the store with you cart – just get in and get out! 

2. Make a meal plan By having a weekly meal plan, you know exactly what to buy and how much so that you make fewer trips to the grocery store and don’t waste the food you buy. 

3. Bring a friend Time flies when you’re having fun. Schedule a shopping date with a fellow mom and visit the store together! You can take turns shopping and watching the kiddies, or help each other by visiting different parts of the store and grabbing what you need. What a team! 

4. Book a regular time with your spouse and find a babysitter While this may not be the most romantic setting, booking a weekly grocery date with your spouse while the kids are with a sitter, friend or family member can help you shop savvy - and helps you spend some time together too. 

5. Pick a store that has everything you need Don’t waste time travelling to several stores. Visit a store that sells everything you need – from baby, to food, to clothes for your entire family. 

My savvy shopping tip is to send Chris alone - we find he follows rules 1,2 and 5 quite well (and always remembers to take our cloth bags!). I usually put more stuff in the cart that's NOT on the list resulting in a larger bill...and Hannah likes to run up and down the aisles trying to touch all the colourful boxes and cans. 

What is your savvy shopping tip? 

Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own. 

© 2013 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. I can't get the link for themommyofallbabyevents.ca/ to work. Is it just me? I'm using Chrome. Did a google search as well, but couldn't find.
    Would love to know more about this event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monique,

      The website will go live on Thursday, Oct. 10th :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I will make sure to check on Thursday then.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. I will make sure to check on Thursday then.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...