Monday, April 13, 2015

Scaredy Cat Gene?

The summer my parents separated my Mom and I moved into a condo. A couple weeks later she went away for the weekend and for the first time ever I had to sleep alone in home (save my cat). Before you get used to the noises your home makes, they can be somewhat unsettling. I may or may not have slept with the hall light on. I may or may not have slept with the biggest knife from the kitchen on my nightstand. I may or may not have been 22 at the time.

When I was pregnant with Hannah I wondered if she would be a scaredy cat like me. And for three years, she's proven she can handle just about anything - the dark, scary parts in movies, etc. But now she's openly afraid of at least one thing. And if I'm honest, I don't like this "thing" either.

I understand paper towels in washrooms not only harm the environment but also create mess. I just don't understand what's wrong with old school hand dryers and why everyone is now installing the super loud, super annoying EXTREME AIR ones. Also, I don't like looking down at my hands and seeing my skin flap.

Hannah is scared of these dryers to the point where we seek out family washrooms just so we can control if they are used or not. The whole not liking/holding her hands over her ears/having big scared eyes in a public washroom has sort of had a damper on this whole potty training thing.

Are your kids afraid of anything? Do you have any traits you worry about passing on?

© 2015 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...