Tuesday, October 06, 2015

I Love You, You Love Me, Now the only thing on DD's Netflix is Barney #StreamTeam

Until recently, the only Barney on my Netflix was a wicked awesome New Yorker who throughly enjoys high fives, being awesome and making up rules for everyone to follow, while looking great wearing a suit (I'm talking of Mr. Stinson, from How I Met Your Mother, of course).

Hannah has taken to watching Netflix on my MacBook. It's a lot easier for her to scan shows that way, and one day she discovered Barney - the purple dinosaur. As a kid who loves to sing and dance, it was only a matter of time before she became obsessed - and obsessed she is.

When asked, why do you like Barney? Hannah responds, "Well, because he's my friend."


She knew the "I Love You" song from a variety of classes we've taken her to. I unknowingly I had already taught her the "Clean Up" song (which I learned as a camp counsellor - thanks City of Toronto!).

I must say though, actually watching the show with her isn't that bad. And OK, I'm totally watching for a little Selma Gomez or Demi Lovato to appear, singing along side Barney and Friends.

Watching Barney's Colorful World Live! almost makes me wish new episodes were being filmed and there was a touring show I could take her to. And Barney is so upbeat, sometimes the show is so contagious if you've had a rough day it'll put you in a better mood. And it's educational as a bonus.

Besides, watching Barney is WAY better than watching Color Crew or Caliou.

Do your kids like Barney?

Disclosure: I am part of the Netflix #StreamTeam. As always, opinions on this blog are my own.

© 2015 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/07/2015

    I worked at a daycare in the late 90s and Barney on DVD was all the rage. My daughter is still just getting into shows, but I am sure that Barney will be on our Netflix queue any day now

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...