Monday, January 07, 2013

My New Year's Resolution

Next week at this time, I will be at work. Hannah will be at daycare. And Chris, depending on his commute, will also be at work. Booyah, our cat, will probably be sleeping after meowing at us all morning.

Because Hannah has already started daycare, I have already slowly adjusted to not being with her all day. I hope this makes spending my day at work at lot easier. I hope at work I'm distracted and don't miss her as much as I currently do.

So, my New Year's Resolution is to spend at least one quality hour with Hannah a day during the week.

That doesn't seem like a lot, but she will be sleeping when I leave for work. I won't get to her at daycare until around 5:30 p.m., so we probably won't get home until 6ish. That gives me three to four hours to spend with her before she goes to bed. Factor in dinner and bath time, and one hour of quality time seems almost seems frivolous, especially since Chris will want to spend time with her too.

Did you make a New Year's Resolution? Does it deal with parenting?

© 2013 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. My New Year's resolutions are more focused on finding some me time. Unless you count potty training. That isn't a resolution really, more of a need!
    I hope that this goes well for you. But don't be too hard on yourself if it can't happen every day. It is hard to juggle it all.

    Kerrie
    www.familyfoodandtravel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerrie. Moms really ARE jugglers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...