Saturday, April 13, 2013

Old Spice Belize Deodorant Smells Like Lime and Works When Using Dad Strength

As a P&Gmom, every month new products come to my door for me to test and share with my readers. Sometimes, when it's a slew of Olay, CoverGirl and Pampers products I almost feel guilty. But last month a stick of Old Spice Belize Deodorant came, just for Chris. Below you will find his review. I guess that makes him an unofficial P&Gdad!

I became an Old Spice Man well before I was an actual man. After an awkward adolescent phase using whatever deodorant my dad had in the house (some dark and smelly days, those), I picked up a stick of High Endurance Pure Sport and never looked back.

In fact, I also use the Pure Sport body wash, to ensure my body emits the same pleasing odour pretty much around the clock. I wish that were just a shameless plug, but it’s the truth: whether it’s grooming products, running shoes or brands of pasta, when I find something I like, I stick with it.

But when Sarah’s latest P&G Mom products arrived and the box included a stick of Old Spice Fresh Collection, I figured I’d see (or smell) what it had to offer. After all, I owe them for helping to eradicate my B.O. forever; I’m not sure how many days I’d have to go without showering for it to return, and hopefully I’ll never have to find out.

The deodorant scent is called Belize. I don’t know much about Belize, except that it’s in Central America and it has the Great Blue Hole where Jacques Cousteau did one of his expeditions.

Belize (the deodorant, not the country) smells like lime, which is definitely OK in my book. I usually make guacamole once a week and it leaves my hands smelling like limes all day. It is not unpleasant.

And like the scent from the guacamole-making, the scent from Belize lasts all day, even after running to catch the subway or using my Dad strength when my daughter wants to be picked up, which is pretty much all the time.

Even though I still have a few sticks of the old standby Pure Sport in the storage closet, I’ll continue to use Belize as a change of pace, much like a star pitcher has to mix in a few curveballs with the fastball to keep ‘em guessin’.

Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own, or in this case, those of my amazing smelling fiance.  

© 2013 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm going to be the person in Shoppers smelling all the deodorants. Great review, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad used Old Spice when I was growing up. I loved the smell. I am sure that the 'Belize' scent is just as nice. A very fun and well written review. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband uses Old Spice deodorant but I haven't tried this scent yet. It might be a nice change from the fresh scent he usually wears.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...