Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mom Cold

Yesterday Hannah and I went to our first Diaper Aquafit class. Due to the temperature drop outside, the pool was a lot cooler than usual. As was our walk home.

Although I was a good Mommy and put Hannah into a warm bath right away to ensure she would not become sick, I didn't worry about myself enough and now I have my first cold since giving birth.

Being sick sucks. Sure, there's the freeze pops and the fact you are supposed to just lay on the couch and no one can bug you about it.

But I miss interacting with Hannah so much. I miss picking her up and spinning her around. I miss playing Peekaboo. But most of all, I miss cuddling with her.

I don't want to get her sick, so I'm staying as far away as possible. Hopefully my Tylenol Cold medication will kill all my sick germs tonight so I can get some baby cuddles tomorrow.

How do you deal with your Mom duties when you're sick?

© 2012 YYZ Bambina. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. There's nothing worst than having to take care of a baby when you're sick. When my daughter was about 2 months old, I had mastitis. I don't know if you've ever had it, but not only is it painful, you get a fever, become incredibly weak, and it feels like the worst flu you've ever had. My husband was away, and I was so weak, I could barely lift my daughter. All of my family lives across the country so I literally had no help. It was such a scary feeling to not be able to rely on my own body, and to know that I had this immense responsibility of caring for a newborn. Thankfully, I managed to get on antibiotics pretty quickly, and improved rapidly....I hope your cold feels better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I am so sorry you had to deal with that all alone. I'm happy the antibiotics worked.

    Cold is much better thanks, almost back to normal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...